Monday, December 31, 2012

Handmade gingerbread house!

This Christmas I have been very pastry productive! After the greek melomakarona, this time I think I exceeded my expectations :) I finally made a gingerbread house!! It may sound ridiculous but I'm certainly not a pastry chef and I always though it was a bit of challenge trying to do something like that. The truth is that I desperately want to buy a house coup pate but I found it in Greece around 30euros! To my surprise I found the actually biscuits to built the house already shaped at IKEA for only 3.5euros!

So IKEA made its miracle and the result was pretty yummy!

What I used to ''built'' the house is melted sugar that ends to be pure caramel 1000% fat free :)) ,chocolate fudging in order for the biscuits and the smarties to glue and chocolate sticks to make it more stable! And that was it. Pretty simple but much impressive.

Looking forward for the demolition! :)



 


 









0 comments: